For many beginners, the idea of doing yoga in itself is a lot to commit to. Especially when it comes taking a class with practitioners that are much more skilled than you. It can be intimidating really, but Warrior’s Soul Healing Movement is dedicated to making your yoga learning experience a wonderful one that will help you to love practicing yoga.
To help get you acclimated to the healing world of Yoga, we’re going to show you a list of tools that would be helpful for you to bring to class with you.
- Yoga mat – While it may seem like a given, not everyone understands that you’ll need to bring your own. Some yoga studios can provide some mats, but not every one does. It’s helpful to make sure that you have your own mat, so you can get used to it as well.
- Yoga Block – Certain poses will require putting a block beneath you. Because yoga is so focused on good posture, it’s important to have the proper tools to create the right pose. You can also use a towel but blocks are advised.
- Strap – Straps are sometimes used in poses that require extra stretching, but allow you to do so without strain.
- Headband – You’re going to get hot, and your hair is going to fall. Headbands are great for getting through your session without interruption.
- Water Bottle – Many beginners tend to underestimate the workout that a yoga session can be. Make sure to treat it like any other type of exercise, and bring water for staying hydrated throughout your workout
Yoga is fun, it’s therapeutic, and yes it’s difficult, but it’s worth it. It feels amazing, and the more you do it, the better you get at it, and the better you feel. Contact Warrior’s Soul Healing Movement for more on yoga and health coaching.